RELATIONSHIP WITH SCHOOLS
Why should my school work with CMPHR?
Through the campaigns run by CMPHR your students will:
- Gain an education in social awareness and learn to raise questions about social issues
- Be encouraged to think critically through informed dialogue and debate, instead of learning by rote
- Gain skills such as analytical and conceptual skills, problem solving, conflict resolution and communication skills
- Develop strong and positive attitudes by introducing words like solidarity, cooperation, trust, tolerance and empathy into their vocabulary
- Realize they can contribute effectively to creating a society to their liking
- Realize they do not blindly need to follow the current trends and they can become proactive rather than reactive members of society.
- Relate to the social world, breaking the monopoly of the desire for material betterment
What are the ways in which my school can get involved?
Level 1: Register for the CMPHR free mailing list and receive:
- Lesson plans on how to run the latest campaign in your school
- Newsletter on the activities of CMPHR’s children’s network (Right-On)
- Invitations to Open Events
- Opportunities to attend teacher workshops (Full rates)
- An invitation for student and teacher representatives to attend one free Activism Project workshop
To register on the mailing list click here
Level 2: Become an Institutional Member and have the added benefit of:
- Being invited to Special Events
- Having opportunities to attend teacher workshops at reduced rates
- Being invited to Activism Project workshops
- Receiving discounts on Books and Teaching material
- Receiving copies of CMPHR Publications (Aware and Aagah magazines)
- Access to CMPHR Resource Centre
To become an Institutional member click here
Level 3: Become an Institutional Member with a Right On Youth Network Club and receive:
- All the benefits of an Institutional Member
- Opportunities to take part in the Right-On Network activities, events and meetings
- Opportunities to participate in the Right-On Network Conference
- Priority in Activism Projects and Special Events
If you are interested in starting a Right On club in your school, please contact us at the CMPHR office and talk to a member of staff.
Active School in CMPHR campaigns scinec August 2008 click here